Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Channeling Brooklyn

When the Moon Hits your Eye...

Yummy in my Tummy
For a while I have been crushin' on BK. No not Beyoncé Knowles but Brooklyn.  A few weekends ago, I shared the love with some friends who were visiting from the Midwest.  In true New York fashion, I took them to brunch.  Since most visitors to our fair city never make it off the island, I insisted we venture to Carroll Gardens to Buttermilk Channel.  After a short wait, which consisted of walking around the quaint neighborhood stumbling upon a vintage store stocked with old school candy (remember, gold nugget bubble gum?!), we finally sat down to brunch.  My first impression was the decor was simple which was a little disappointing.  *Luckily, the food made up for that 20x over.  I ordered the pecan French toast since my sweet side always beats out my savory side.  It had the consistency of whipped cream with every bite covered in warm pecans and maple syrup. It was melt in your mouth good.  To complete the sugar yin to my salt yang, I ordered a side of fries with aioli sauce a.k.a. my current obsession.  I could've licked that sauce dish but held back since we were in public.  Best part: the meal came in under $20 including a juicy Bellini.  Oh Brooklyn, stop wooing me.
*While numerous food critics, chefs, etc. say that food and taste are the most important and decor should be an afterthought, I think both should be on the forefront when operating a restaurant.  I love when a restaurant has the best of both worlds: design and food.  Aesthetically pleasing plus delicious food=A+ locale in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment