Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Umpteenth Reason I Love New York

Pond at "Park Here"
 
Entrance to "Park Here"
65 days till March 20, 2011.  We are only a month and a half into winter and already I’m longing for spring.  Luckily for me, I’m not the only one with Seasonal Affective Disorder.  “Park Here,” a pop-up indoor park housed in the Open House Gallery on Mulberry Street, made its debut last week.  Intrigued by the concept, I made a visit to the greenery and fell in love.  I love the idea of taking something so simple and making it a trendy ‘get it before it’s gone’ experience.  The mini park is a great place to lounge around and pretend you are outside with food vendors, fake leaves, and pond all included.  After I left, I thought ‘Only in New York’ would someone make a pop up park (stay tuned for pop up restaurants as those are already in the works).  And the list continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment