Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Party for Your Nose


Sometimes it pays to be a V.I.B.as in a Very Important Beauty Insider, a member of Sephora's customer appreciation program. From time to time, special offers and discounts come my way, but this time an invite to meet a design legend popped in my mailbox, and I knew I had hit the jackpot.

DVF's Boutique and Headquarters
The Scent On Display


The event was for the iconic designer Diane von Furstenberg to celebrate the launch of her new signature scent Diane and what better place to host the fete than her Meatpacking boutique underneath the High Line.

The wrap dress that inspired the bottle's design
Me & DVF
DB & DVF
My friend DB and I arrived at the shindig and quickly made our rounds. After a stop at the bar to order a refreshing cucumber and vodka cocktail and a few mini bites of bruschetta and ricotta croquettes, we were ready to mingle with Diane. I purchased a bottle of the perfume and made my way to the style maven to have her sign the bottle. I introduced myself and gushed about how much I love her and her brand as she personalized my new purchase. 


Towards the end of the festivities, Diane addressed the crowd and gave us the schpeel about her perfume. She wooed the crowd with her story on its inception and its ingredients. To cap off the night, Diane auctioned off the mustard yellow dotted wrap dress for one lucky attendee. As seen in the video, it wasn't me.



So I might not have won a new outfit, but I had met one of my fashion idols, purchased a new scent and even got a $25 gift card to Sephora as a goodie bag. Smells like a successful night to me.

Places of Interest:
Diane von Furstenberg Boutique, 874 Washington St. (at 14th St.), 646-486-4800
http://www.dvf.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment