Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Perks of Being a Blogger

I started this blog as a creative outlet for my writing (and to brag about all the cool things I do). I never thought it would lead to an invite to Lulu's Blogger Event during New York Fashion Week.

The WHO was Lulu's, an online boutique featuring emerging and indie designers. The WHAT was a shindig for fashion bloggers to mingle and preview their latest assortment. The WHERE was Open House Gallery in Soho, an event space that sponsors such creative events like Park in Here (an indoor faux park to cure those with seasonal affective disorder) and The Big Cheesy Grilled Cheese Championship (a "cheesy" contest) that occurred last weekend.


As for the entertainment, there was booze, sweet treats and games. Hpnotiq, one of the evening's sponsors, provided creative concoctions using their liquor and a table full of candy and cupcakes. As for the (drinking) game, each attendee got to spin the wheel for a prize. Since I've never been on "Wheel of Fortune," I gave it my all and spun the wheel. The result—a lovely suede jacket with shearling lining from B.B. Dakota. Score!

After my turn at the wheel, I wondered around and discovered a room full of racks with trendy, colorful clothing. I thought I had died and gone to closet heaven. I learned each attendee could take home one article of clothing from one of the four racks. To figure out where to start, a map was provided with a chart of questions leading to one of four styles: Peony Vintage, Rose Sweet Heart, Spider Mum Edgy and Hydrangea Uptown Prep. Of course, I felt I could be any of the four so I quickly surfed the racks making a mental list of my wannabe wardrobe. Luckily I was in the third round so I got to choose rather early and ended up with a mint green, pleated mini-skirt perfect for spring. I left with treats for my tummy and my closet. If these are the perks of writing down my words once in a whilewell all I have to say is that I need to start writing more.

Places of Interest:
Open House Gallery, 201 Mulberry St. (between Spring St. & Kenmare St.)
http://www.openhousegallery.org/ 

Lulu's Website

1 comment:

  1. amazing perks! Can't wait till you blow up and can invite blogger friends haha. You are moving on up my friend...

    ReplyDelete